Pages

Thursday 1 August 2013

No Power? Now what!

Standing in the kitchen this morning making my husband his lunch for work when the power went out. Complete darkness. You know what my first thought was? "Oh shit, did I pay the power bill?". Yes that was my initial thought, but I forgot that I actually pay it weekly so there is no bill.

I headed to the power companies website via my trusty iphone (where on earth would I be without it, I do not know) and looked up their planned outages and saw one for 'Pacific Highway' Coffs Harbour. Turning to my husband in having a blonde moment (I blame lack of caffeine for the morning) and asked 'Pacific Highway has critical updates apparently. So would that be affecting us?" My husband laughing (he was lucky to get his coffee before the before the power cut out) said "Talya, we live on the Pacific Highway, We have no power, of course it is affecting us".

Normally the power company are so kind and considerate with a phone call or letter to let you know that there would be a planned outage. But this is the third time this week there has been no power through the day and no warning or notice.

As he was walking out the door, still laughing at me he made note that I am stuck inside unable to leave as the garage wont open as there is no power. Our front door is dodgy and doesnt unlock/lock from the outside so only way in or out is via the garage.

No power meant NO FACEBOOK! What on earth would we do without facebook! I am kidding, don't worry. I was more devastated that I couldn't use my silhouette cameo cutting machine.

So there isn't a great deal that you can do through the day with no power other then housework and reading a book. I opted to read the book.

Certainly makes you realise how much we take having luxuries like electricity, hot water for granted.

I am hoping that this gave you a bit of a laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved