Pages

Friday 8 November 2013

Attract The Attention You Deserve!

Recently I went away to Adelaide (I live in Coffs Harbour, NSW) to attend the ‘Mumpreneurs on Fire conference’ and other then being inspired about new things to do in my business, I learnt about positive affirmations and how by practicing this you attract positive things in your life.
Developing a positive mindset can be one of the most powerful life strategies you can have and can be life changing to not only your professional life but your personal life as well.

I spoke to an attendee about her experiences and  she told me how everyday she practices these techniques to attract what she wants or attracts the right people she wants not only in her life but in her business as well.

She went on to tell me how many years ago she was looking for a career change and someone mentioned “Oh you would make an amazing flight attendant”. Although she knew she wasn’t tall enough for a cabin crew position she went and applied anyway. She said for weeks she would write “I am an employee of x airlines”, and she would write this over, and over in an affirmations journal she kept and you know what? She actually got the position of cabin crew with the airline she wanted and worked there for over a decade!

You always hear people saying “If you think positively you attract positive to your life”. I had always thought “Yeah right” being more prone to thinking negatively. But in all honesty since attending the conference I have changed how I think and I have been attracting positive attention, and I think I deserve that.

At the start of September I was diagnosed with recurrent and acute pancreatitis and every two weeks I would have a pancreatic attack and be hospitalised for a week. My last one was at the start of October and I was starting to get anxious about my impeding holiday as I didn’t want to get sick on the way there or while I was there.

I needed the holiday after the 18 months I have had (in short I lost my dad to bowel cancer, I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometrosis and placed in a medically induced menopause, found out I needed my large bowel removed as the growth was on the verge of becoming bowel cancer, and then having the debilitating pancreatitis).

All this (and more) has happened the last 18 months and I am only 22! So I really deserved this break.

For the weeks leading up to my well earned holiday I kept saying to myself “I don’t have pancreatitis” or “I will not get pancreatitis while on holidays” and most importantly “I am on holidays. I am relaxing. I deserve this”.

It has now been over a month since my last pancreatic attack, much to shock of my doctors as they had predicted the next attack would be the worst one imaginable.

So we all know Xmas is fast approaching which means my busiest time in my business.

I can’t afford nor will I get sick over the coming weeks.

So I am going to continue with positive affirmations and positive thinking.

If you want to have a go at attracting the positive attention you deserve and want to join me as I embrace this new approach to thinking, then you will need to do any of the following:
  • Go and grab a writing book or journal. Each day divide the page into two sections. Top section for ‘positive affirmation’ and the bottom section for ‘Today I am grateful for’.
  • Find some quotes you find inspiring, positive and motivational. Put these somewhere you will see either at your desk, on the back of the bathroom door, as screensavers on your computer. What I did was create a calendar and each month has an inspiring quote, I got it done via vistaprint.


It is amazing how different the outcome of your day can be if you wake up positive and happy about the day ahead.


Have a lovely weekend x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved