Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Why Build A Brand's Awareness?

Quite often I get asked why am I so focused on building my brand's awareness. My answer always is that "Brand Awareness is key!"

Honestly when I started MWL almost three years ago (yikes time does fly when you do what you love) I had set some pretty high goals for myself. Those who know me, know that I only do things to my standard which is usually crazily high and that I have high expectations of myself. Which I do.

One of my 5 year goals was to be recognised as a household name or that when people thought 'handmade invitations, cards and party supplies' that they thought of MWL.

Some thought that this goal wasn't realistic, heck at times I thought it wasn't realistic but I still kept it as my goal.

So over the past nearly three years I have spent a lot of time and energy creating what I call brand awareness.

And you know what??

It is working!

The other night I called my internet provider as my internet was ridiculously slow. I had a very lovely (and Australian) worker who actually understood what the NBN was (Yes I called my internet provider about my NBN and the first two consultants asked if that was an internet service?).

I explained how crucial the internet was as I ran an online business which relies heavily on having internet access.

She asked me what the name of my business was.

I told her that it was Made With Love-Cards And Crafts.

And I will never forget her response.

She excitedly screamed into the phone 'OMG!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR WORK!! I AM A LIKER OF YOUR PAGE AND SO IS MY SISTER!'

It honestly made my day knowing that people know of my work or my business.

It made me realise that one of my dreams and goals is coming true!

So if you dream it, DREAM BIG!

If you want it, GO FOR IT!

Hope that has offered you some inspiration or hope that you can acheive anything if you set your mind to it.

I know I have a long way to go before I become a household recognised name but you have to start somewhere!

Happy hump day x


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved